So here is my recipe for this Sweet Treat that will help satisfy those sweet tooth cravings, while nourishing your body with some healthy Carbs, Healthy Fats and Protein.
Ingredients/Instructions for One Large Cup:
In a Blender, combine the following, blend, then serve in a glass or bowl. Enjoy!
~1&1/2 Bananas (Use chopped up Frozen Bananas if you want it to be cold, I cut up my ripe bananas, freeze them and then use them for Smoothies that don't contain any other frozen fruit and for Nice-Cream)
~1 Tbsp pure Peanut Butter (be sure to check the ingredients for added sugars and additives)
~1/2 Cup Yogurt of Choice
~1/4 Cup of Water or alternative liquid of choice (such as, almond milk, rice milk, etc. Add more water if you want it to be less thick)
Optional Add-Ins: 1 Scoop Protein Powder (Chocolate would be my 1st choice), Sweetener such as Stevia drops, additional Frozen Fruit such as Strawberries (would also add some extra sweetness).
I add in all of these things depending on my mood and if I'm wanting a little more Protein or a little extra Sweetness. Have fun and experiment to find the best combination for you.
Other ideas: Top with some Fresh Banana, Chia Seeds or a little extra Peanut Butter. Yummy!
Smoothies with blended frozen fruit are such a great alternative when you're craving something sweet like Ice Cream. Hope You Enjoy! <3 Jenny
Avocados are Amazing. Here are just a few of the Benefits of Avocados, click the links below for more information.
- Avocados are incredibly Nutritious, loaded with healthy fats, fiber and variety of nutrients
- They contain more Potassium than Bananas. (something most people do not get enough of)
- Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acids.
- They contain more natural Fiber than any other fruit. Aids in Digestions and regulates blood sugar.
- Avocados are loaded with powerful Antioxidants and help your body with antioxidant absorption from other foods as well.
12 Proven Benfits of Avocados
Health Benefits of Avocados